At sinkaoon.com, we take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, and share and protect your information.
• What information we collect
• How we use that information
• How we may share that information
• How we protect your information
• Your choices regarding your personal information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us
We receive and may sometimes store information you enter on our websites, or provide to us in our stores or through our mobile applications. For example, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, create a Wish List, write a review, or use any of our services.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
• Your name
• Your mailing address
• Your e-mail address
• Your phone number
• Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
• Location information
It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact info of a Friends & Family Pickup person.
Information from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
Automatic Information Collection
We collect information related to your interactions on our websites, such as your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our site, browser and device characteristics, and referring URLs. This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including various types of cookies, web beacons, and tags. The information we collect and the technologies we use are designed to create a superior, personalized shopping experience for you.
Cookies and related technology also allow us to identify you as a particular sinkaoon.com retail store customer when you visit our websites, and to link your activities on our websites to your interactions with us in our stores. In combination with other information we collect, this information is also used to create a superior, personalized shopping experience.
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our websites using the technologies described above. We also may share personal information with those providers. We may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. Interest-based advertising is covered in more detail below.
Some of our websites and mobile applications may collect certain information such as the type of mobile device you’re using or your specific location to help you search for one of our stores. To allow any application to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device’s settings to allow the use of technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower position, or other technologies. sinkaoon.com has no control over your device’s settings.
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect for things like:
• Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
• Processing returns, exchanges and layaway requests
• Tracking and confirming online orders
• Delivering or installing products
• Marketing and advertising products and services
• Conducting research and analysis
• Establishing and managing your accounts with us
• Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
• Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
• Facilitating interactions with sinkaoon.com and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
• Operating, evaluating and improving our business
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
sinkaoon.com does not sell, rent or trade your information to third parties.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
• Fulfilling orders
• Sending sinkaoon.com marketing communications
• Fulfilling subscription services
• Conducting research and analysis
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with the law. We may also share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of sinkaoon.com, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Whenever you shop online in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. sinkaoon.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may choose to:
• Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
• Update and correct your personal information
• Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
• Request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum
We use third-party advertising companies to display ads when you visit our websites or other sites on the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to this and other websites. We may also share personal information with these companies. In either case, the purpose is to provide ads about products and services that may be of interest to you.
To learn more about interest-based advertising (also called behavioral advertising), visit www.aboutads.info.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
US-EU SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK
sinkaoon.com complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union. Information regarding the EU Safe Harbor Framework can be found at: http://export.gov/safeharbor.